- SentinelLabs has discovered a heap overflow vulnerability in the TIPC module of the Linux Kernel.
- The vulnerability can be exploited either locally or remotely within a network to gain kernel privileges, allowing an attacker to compromise the entire system.
- The TIPC module comes with all major Linux distributions but needs to be loaded in order to enable the protocol.
- A patch has been released on the 29th of October and affects kernel versions between 5.10 and 5.15.
- At this time, SentinelOne has not identified evidence of in-the-wild abuse.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings